Pages

Labels

Thursday 17 October 2013

A bird got to leave its nest someday... right?

Well last week Angela and I was talking about how we are dying to do some overseas community service program during the holidays. Then like a heaven's gift, we bumped into the AIESEC booth, telling us of its Explore! Winter program. It peaked our interest so we went for the info talk and the interview. I was so excited for the whole thing....

Until I received the acceptance mail informing me that I successfully go into the program. At that moment, all my carefree adventurous spirit went flying away. 

Yes I want to do something different, something that is an experience of a lifetime, something like going on an independent exploration trip to European countries. 

But then I am torn apart by other conflicting emotions. 

"ALONE?!?! Throwing myself out there with no friends or family, where I have to really step out and make friends with strangers? Finding my way around a FOREIGN country even though I face great difficulties just finding my way in Singapore. Limited Internet connection. No knowing anything at all?"

I understand that it through these difficult obstacles that we develop ourselves as individuals. However, right now, this bird here is feeling worried. There's the money factor. Going to Europe cost at least $3-4. That's putting incredible burden on my bank account. So if I go for this, it basically means I will have less fund for other things in the future...

If I go on with this program, am I throwing myself into a bottomless pit? One where I see myself being completely lost and emo.

If I back out, am I throwing away a wonderful opportunity? Just when an interview finally gone well:/ahhhhh

Well there's another week till I have to make a decision. Maybe I'll find my courage and carefree attitude by then.
(>人<;) 

A bird that doesn't dare to fly,
Jojo

P.s. do you hate it when a series of sad sounds plays on ur headphone while u are on a long lonely ride back home? Churns out emo blogs like this(°_°)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blogger news

Blogroll