Pages

Labels

Sunday 7 July 2013

Its been a while since it felt this way..


Excited. Worried. Panicky. Verge of going crazy.

It's all because of the imminent Soul Funky Freshmen Orientation Camp. Lets start all the way from the beginning:

Uni life is starting soon so Angela and I are freaking out about the thought of being clique-less in NBS. Well, we also want to get our well-deserved break. I mean, A' levels FINALLY ended and all we did was work our butts off. We NEED something more extreme in our some-what mundane lives. So we decided that we HAVE TO go to at least one freshmen camp.

Of course, NBS freshmen camp is our number 1 choice. However, it being the most highly demanded camp (also meant for all the cool and beautiful dudes) meant that our chances were pretty darn low. So we had alternatives. I proposed ODAC camp - it promised adventures and exploring new things, which is my life mission LOL. Angela proposed Soul Funky camp (kinda like a dance society) because we all enjoy dancing, especially dancing to SHINee XP. There was a slight conflict. Then the pessimistic Angela suggested we sign up for all 3 camps to maximise our chances of getting into any freshmen camp. LOL

In the end: We got into both ODAC and Soul Funky Camp. As predicted, NBS freshmen camp has yet to accept our applications.. haaahhh. After much thought, I decided to give up on ODAC and go for what Angela, Jing Qi and I can sign up for together.

What's making me going all panicky?

Its the reality check of getting into the Soul Funky Camp. Angela, Jing Qi and I (sadly) got split up into different groups. Guess we will be rivals in the camp.. :/ Then my group leader sent me the packing list. It's one LONG list including things like "dancing pants", "dance shoes", ambiguous terms like "smart casual clothes *wear something you look best in*", "5 sets of shirts".

Then I broke into panic
"What the hell is a DANCING pants?"

"Whats the difference between sports shoes and dance shoes?!?!?"

"What the HECK is smart casual?!?! does a dress count?"

" 5 sets of shirts?! WHAT KIND? cotton type for dancing? cool clothes? How am I going to find a multi-purpose shirt that allow me to sleep in it, dance in it and look cool in it? ALAMAK"
 Yea. I googled dancing pants. The search engine showed me all the cool kpop type of stretchy pants- THOSE THAT I DO NOT OWN. #life-of-a-nerd. The only thing close to dancing pants that I have are lame, old tracking pants and tights. Ahhh. I'm so worried I'll look so out of place that I stick out like a sore (nerdy) thumb. My image of dancer are those cool dudes in funky clothes and shade. I don't really portray myself looking like that. I would say I'm a conservative nerd X.x I would feel embarrassed wearing anything too showy and stuff

Then I'm half worried and half excited about the camp's event flow. From the packing list, it seems like we will be learning to DANCE~! Worried I'll drag my team down. Excited about doing something completely new:) AHH the conflicting emotions. Also, I swear I've bothered my group leader so much, that he hates me. I've been a bothersome dude. I'm not free like normal people to meet him up to pass him the camp fees during the weekends and have to schedule some other meeting time. Then I keep suggesting different times. Ended up asking if I could just pass him the money on the first day of the camp. LOL. MAFAN LEH ME >~<

As if all this craziness wasn't enough, my manicure (the one I've  done only a few weeks ago chipped off!!!) Then my big bro keep coming into the room bothering me with dumb questions that I barely know. HE COULD JUST GOOGLED IT RIGHT -.- I wanted to pack my stuff and be in my panic mode in peace (with the help of my bff), then my aunt and bro just kept nagging at me with more irrelevant stuff. They could have chose a better time... I wasn't in the mood. My mind was all messy with camp stuff.

Now, my bag is 1/4 packed. Even though only the clothes are in, its already on a verge of bursting. Sleeping bag + Thermometer + Torchlight still unlocated. I don't even know if I can find 5 sets of undergarments...( I mean.. why would you need so many right...) Still CLUELESS about what perfect-for-all-people, unisex gift I am going to buy.

Feels good ranting that out~ I suddenly feel young again with all these going on LOL weird

1 week till the Camp,
Jojo :3

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blogger news

Blogroll