Pages

Labels

Wednesday 4 December 2013

Taiwan Explores Day 0: its like having one sided love...

Yesterday, I had my final exams. Then as it was one day before my Taiwan trip, I had to go exchange my Singapore currency to Taiwan currency during lunch time. After a lonely lunch at an atas restaurant, I went to exchange my sgd dollars and had my wallet filled with tens of thousands of Taiwan dollars. I was sooooo totally carefully with my wallet. Every few minutes I would check to make sure I still had it. I wouldn't even dare to open my wallet fully else other people who see the wads of cash I have o.o In the end, I went to lock up my wallet before I went to the exam hall. On hindsight, it was the smartest decision I ever made:) I heard poor Genevieve got robbed of her wallet and handphone went she was taking exams today :0 I didn't expect such dishonesty in NTU! Hope they find the culprit soon! I can't imagine the drama that would happen if I lost my wads of cash and handphone right before I go overseas. Like woahhhhhhh: screwed for life much?

 The paper was more manageable than I had expected. I was sure I wanted to s/u this module... But after the test, I'm not so sure anymore:/

Yea so after the exams, I went to golden mile to celebrate with my colleagues. It's somewhat a farewell and exams-over party. The taxi to golden mile costed me $25!! Sobs.. The taxi ride was so loooonnnggg I felt like barfing after I got off. Imagine how terrible it feels to be car-sick and brain-drained. 

When I finally reached the place, I was abit lost. Everywhere seems to be called golden mile. There's golden mile food centre, golden mile complex @.@ after calling Jennifer to directions, I went around the whole level 1 of golden mile complex looking for a red sign named "mookata". However, all the signs were in Thai gibberish. I felt like a helpless zombie then. Until pee eng called me and when I turned around he was just behind me. Yay:) 

So during the steamboat party, I shared with my colleagues my situation. Tickets secured, visa secured, accommodation mode unconfirmed, acceptance note unsecured, project unconfirmed. The big bosses were like astonished by how risk-taking I am. But seriously... Boh bian! I'm comparing between 2 options:

1. Letting Angela fly off first ALONE--- meaning I would have to fly of ALONE as well. 

2. Possibly crashing at Angela's home stay or finding a temporary hostel to stay at if the Taiwan manager did not find any accommodations for me. (But it's actually not that bad. I checked with her again and she said she will let me stay at her house in the meantime)

To me, being with Romeo (nickname for Angela) is more important. Can't be any more loner than I already am right! Two lost kids is better than one after all. 

Seriously, I don't what the adults are all fussing about for. Yes, it's risky to go to the trip without a formal letter and all... But I'm pretty sure the Taiwan manager won't be that bad as to give false promises. It's just that the acceptance note is delayed because of some inefficiencies going on regarding confirming internship space with the beneficiary. There's like 10++ projects at Taiwan. Someone would want me... Right... This is definitely one-sided love hahaha. Actually I've already did some internal mental debate about the riskiness of my actions.. People reiterating then doesn't help much. All done is done. All is left is some optimism to keep me going:) did I mention that I have convenient not mention all these problems to my family? Hahahaha. Relieve me from more nagging and scolding of things I already know.

Ya.. So the party ended pretty late and I reached home at around midnight. (My flight takes off at 7am and I had yet to pack my bags.. Rush much XD ) My dad was pissed that I did everything so last minute. In my defense, I was concentrating on exam and the more important things like Visa and medical checkup. To add on to the rush of things, our whole family forgot the password to the luggage. So we were unable to open it at all. 

My parents and aunt were preparing to go to sleep but the news of the luggage woke them all up. My aunt keeps nagging and nagging and I just wished she could go to sleep. My dad keeps doing this push-and-pull thing. 

One minute: "Urggggghhhh why you so last minute? You go wash up, I'll figure it out for you" 

Next minute: " I don't care already. Your consequence for doing this at last minute. You go try all 999 combinations!"

My mindset: yea sure. I don't want to trouble everyone so please just go to sleep. I can settle 999 combinations within (999 x 2 )seconds. At most I can use the smaller luggage that we have. What's the fuss-.- (I was thinking this to myself though)

Yea so after bathing, I find my dad still trying out the combinations... What happened to fending for myself. My dad is always the kind that say what he don't mean. For example:


4 days before trip: " ok I fetch you to airport what time?"

One day before trip: "did you book a taxi? Hmm" (my dad is the joking kind who says these kinda things to scare people at the last minute. I, knowing my dad well didn't think much of it. If my sis was there, there would have been more drama. Thank god she wasn't home. My sis was never the kind to take my dad's jokes well.)

 Lols. So...1hr later my dad figured out the combination! Thank god! I was prepared to deprive myself of sleep to try it out myself. Or resign myself to fate and squeeze everything into the smaller luggage. In the end, we slept at 2am. My dad had made sure I had everything in before going off to his bedroom. 

Apparently amidst all the drama, my mum had brought it upon herself to call my sis to come home to help me with the luggage. My sis came back home to find that all was well and solved but no one had informed her. She then scolded me for being baby-ish and stuff and whined about how she is not responsible for helping me with anything. I should have been independent enough to settle all on my own. Pfft. So much for not being the one who asked for her help-.- I mean... All I did was ask her for the pin. I didn't ask her to come home to help when I knew there's nothing much she could do that I couldn't. 

Oh well... I guess I should have find the time to settle my luggage stuff earlier.

Cheers, 
Jojo

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blogger news

Blogroll