Pages

Labels

Tuesday 25 March 2014

My superior is moving on to bigger better things

I'll dedicate this post to my awesome superior/friend Jennifer.

I remember my first day working at Jurong East branch, I was extremely nervous. I had made sure to remember all the regulations and policies I learnt from my training at Bukit Gombak main branch. I remember the times I panicked when the phone rang. " Am I supposed to pick it up? How to pick it up?" I was so noob back then, not even knowing how to answer a simple call!

If I remember correctly, it was Jennifer who let me listen to how the other colleagues answer call, guided me the little details into answering a call.

" You have to say ' Please hold'!"
" You have to say 'Sorry for the wait'!"
" Remember to ask them for their name!"

Thanks to all that patient guidance, I have no problem answering or calling people now. She says I'm troublesome as I would always ask why thing are done like that. However, she would entertain me and try her best to rationalize the procedures to me. 

Jennifer had always been a perfectionist, asking for the best. Notices have to be scotch-taped nicely. Administrative recording procedures have to be done to the very detail. She would point out to be nicely what is wrong and what is right. I remember how she would shout nicely "Jocelyn, come here". Every time that happens, it means I have done something wrong. Yet, despite knowing I'm scolded, I won't feel bad because she would point out the mistake in a light-hearted manner. "Next time, 50cents to the coin box!" but then she would return the money to me :) I think..

It's already been a year since I worked with Jennifer. She calls me her "PA" (Personal Assistant). I am glad that I have gained her trust that she would entrust me bigger responsibilities. I like how our relationship as colleagues is so close that we would go play Malaysia occasionally. She would entertain my sudden desire to play badminton and wake up early in the morning to play with me. Outings with my colleagues were always lively and fun partly due to her energetic presence. She would want to eat a wide variety of food and I would entertain her and eat with her as much as I could. Ohh the fun times!

I would say Jennifer is a big part of my experience at Just. Things would definitely be different once she is gone. It would get some getting used to. Just like how Ruth left, how Huiling left, how Weiwei and other part-timers eventually left. Its would definitely be harder to get used to seeing how much memories we have forged together. I used to boast to my friends how my workplace is fun and relaxing. A big part of it is because I have an awesome fun-loving superior. I hope it would maintain like that without Jennifer. I am sad yet happy for Jennifer that she has moved on to better things.

Jennifer, I hope you remain happy in your new job and live a better life now that you have your weekends free:) Kudos to a great life!

Cheers,
Jojo

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blogger news

Blogroll