Pages

Labels

Wednesday 1 January 2014

Taiwan Explores Day 26: On a road trip with my colleagues

I was super lucky today cuz my workplace 心智障碍者协会 is going out in a road trip! My homestay mum told me I'm super lucky cuz no other volunteers get a mini vacation like that before. 

Half of the trip we were on the tour bus, which was equipped with karaoke machine. 

We had to wake up at 5am in the morning just for the tour. Exhaustion along with bus-sickness, I slept through the bus ride. LOL I don't know how the rest got through the ride watching the karaoke screen. It just made the motion sickness worse for me. I'm lucky my homestay dad got me to sit in the front of the bus else it would have been real bad.

Somehow slept through the bad singing by some of my mentally disabled colleagues. However, some of them were really good! Not a force to be meddled with!

First up was the grape vineyard, where we can pick our own grapes and buy it. I skipped the picking grapes part cuz

1. I don't know how to distinguish good and bad grapes
2. The grapes were really SWEEEET. Plus they have seeds. I prefer green seedless ones so...with money supply going low I decided to just skip buying grapes.

This is ah Lu, one of the kitchen helpers. 
The vineyard was really pretty! It's my first time at any sort of vineyard so it was totally cool:3 

Second stop was at Miao Li. They conducted the talk in Taiwanese so I'm like @.@ all the time. 
I just focused on taking pictures and absorbing in the nature hahas. We ate hakka's food. I was super elated to finally see fish on the table. Sadly it was placed quite distance away from me. I felt super paiseh to keep  poking the fish with chopsticks and attempt to grab alot. (They don't use spoons here and it's super hard to pick up anything with just chopsticks:/ ) Fish~~~ Yums Yums 

An old well where people used to draw water from

Third stop was an expo exhibition. It was hugeeee and outdoors! Its called the "Agriculture wonderland" 

My homestay bro tried to test his hidden farmer strength. You have to try to pump the pingpong ball up. He failed. But... the machine's really broken. Even the real farmer failed!

Finally, we went to Taichung to eat some awesome dinner. One of the best dinner I have so far. There was lots of fish delicacies:3 the soup was nice and had this Singapore taste to it so I drank lots of it!

Well-rejuvenated,
Jojo

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blogger news

Blogroll