Pages

Labels

Thursday 2 January 2014

Taiwan Explores Day 30: Off to Kaohsiung

Thursday night was a terrible night. i should have learnt my lesson: anytime beyond 10pm is not a good time to shower... However, sleepy me went to take a nice long nap and ended up showering late... Result: 1hr battle with the shower. I let the tap flow for 1hr and there still wasnt hot water! In the end i gave up and just washed my hair instead. Coldness. Lucky never listen to jiejie who asked me to just wash in cold water.

Quite amazing how I didnt catch a flu from the cold shower. #strongimmunity

So it was a pretty slack day at work on Friday. I was feeling pretty sleepy cuz of the late shower battle last night. I almost missed the lunchpacking time. I wonder why no one bothered waking me up :/ 

At around 1.40pm I setted of to Taipei bus station to catch my bus ride to kaohsiung. The bus station is pretty awesome. There's so many different bus services there, so that you will definitely find one that goes to kaohsiung. Good for backpackers who heck about planning:3 Angela was once again late._. we were almost late... Thank god we didn't miss the bus.

Then we had a 5hrs long ride to kaohsiung. I recommend taking the bus ride inside of the HSR. HSR takes around 2hrs but it costs 1600NT per trip. Bus ride cost is slightly less than 1000NT for ROUND trip! Plus, it's a good napping opportunity. At some part of the ride, there were showing despicable me 2 movie:)

Everything went pretty smoothly. After all there were clear road signs and signals to the famous liuhe night market. We manage to find our hostel after a VERY long walk. Once again, the service at the hostel was amazing! (Seriously hostel beat hotels anytime) the place just feels homely. The lady boss asks for our itinerary each day and would tell us specifically how to get there and what's her recommendations. I rate 4stars for the hostel because of the good service. 1 less star is because I got a few mosquito bites after 2 nights. Nonetheless, I had a good hot shower. One of the best showers I had so far!

Our pretty hostel even has a kitchen and stuff 

There are interesting warning labels too hahaha

We went to liuhe night market to eat fish (yay!!) and this small little fried crab thing where u can finish it in one bite. I had a swollen eyelid so we didn't take much pictures;(
 
Cheers to seafood paradise,
Jojo

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blogger news

Blogroll