Pages

Labels

Thursday 9 January 2014

Taiwan Explores Day 36: The Farewell Dinner by Local Fun

Last night I was fortunate enough to crash in Angela's mini farewell dinner with zhuren. Best decision ever made! Rather than rotting away waiting for my homestay mum to finish work and bring me home, I get to eat Yummy fish and other stuff at some Chinese buffet (atas) restaurant! Muahahaha. Zhuren is really nice and treated me the dinner as well:3 she is really friendly!

Then today, I had a normal day of work at the 心智障碍者协会. After which, I set off to meet the local fun peeps. On my way there, i met this really cranky and strict aunty on the bus. She scolded me for crossing my leg and said i would obstruct the road. I have a habit to cross my leg when i sit :/ so i had to hold back all urges to cross my legs in front of her. A moment later, I saw the same auntie taking off her shoes, putting one feet on the seat to scratch it.... Okay...

There's this local fun guy called Sheng an is really awesome. He offered to host a farewell dinner for me and treated me this really really nice 排肉干面. Best chicken I ate! After that we strolled to the meeting room. An AIESEC-er talked to me about Taiwan university school modules and their education system stuff along the way. He even let me see his textbook on linear algebra. I never knew vectors and matrices can get SO complicated. Poor dude barely understands the English words on the textbook and had to use dictionary... And half the time he explained the mathematical formulas to me in Chinese. Wow @.@

The discussion at local fun was uber productive today. I never felt more eager to share my ideas. In my head were running man game ideas that we can incorporate into the tour so it would be fun. However, it's super hard to find the right time to cut into the discussion. (People here sure are enthusiastic about sharing ideas) they just blabbered on and ON! My aiesec project manager kept being cut off during his research sharing time hahaha! I did a little research but no one asked me to present. Phew... And I was worried how I'm gonna translate everything into Chinese. Im quite proud of myself for managing to find the opportunity (and courage) to speak out and suggest 2-3 ideas;3 super sad I can't join the actual tour cuz I'm sensing it would be super fun if they did incorporate some of my ideas :D

I brought back home a thick stack of research summary they printed for us during the discussion. Guess I'm gonna throw it cuz I don't understand a word. I don't even know why they print a copy for me... I never read it, I just listen to them present XD

Second last day of work,
Jojo



No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blogger news

Blogroll